Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ascent/public_html/mbaforum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3594: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3597: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Love Marriages or Arrange Marriages!!Which is better? : Group Discussion Topics, Tips, Ideas

IIM CAT, XAT, TANCET MBA Forums

Info on CAT, TANCET, XAT, GMAT, MAT MBA Entrance exams preparation, business schools, b school rankings
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:49 pm

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post subject: Love Marriages or Arrange Marriages!!Which is better?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:38 pm 

well not a new toptic but curious to hear fm u all

Sandhya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:33 pm 

I do support Arrange marriage bcoz i hav seen a lot of broken relationship in Love marriage cases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:05 pm 

before giving my opinion about this topic,friends do u know this? LOVE MERRIAGES ARE CHOICE ARRANGED MERRIAGES ARE CHANCES.so love merriage is better,at the time of merriage wee know what is suitable for our tastes.And one more thing this is a seond step in every ones life which canot repeat again.we dont know about the tastes and life styels of other person in case of arranged merriage where as in love merriage a complete understanding is possible.

santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:59 pm 

Well...In my view, Arranged Marriage is better than love marraige. I wonder why people think that arranged marraige will always be against their wishes and they will not be consulted at all. The very meaning of arranged marraige is that it has been planned after giving much thought about the pros and cons of the possible relationship.
As a member of family, we should take into confidence our parents and relative before taking such a big decision because it smoothens the path of acceptance to the new member in the family. Human are a social being and they always like to be there where they are cared and loved. An arranged marraige doesnot mean that no love exist between the boy and the girl. It is just that the decision to marry has not been taken without consulting guardian. Arranged marraige brings cohesion in the family and provides better environment for the growth of children also.

Thanks & Regards,
Prabhat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:48 pm 

Its a matter of luck and nothing else... Love Marriage or Arranged marriage, u cant blame either for not working out... There are times when Love Marriages fall apart but there are times when even well planned Arranged Marriages dont last...

Its a matter of understanding, trust and most importantly luck that makes a marriage successful...

I wud infact go with a Luv-cum-Arranged Marriage where i wud be knowing my partner well and my marriage wud also be planned and accepted by my parents... However again, its luck whether it will work or not... U cud be the best of understanding people and u wud be loving each other a lot, but u cant be sure what goes wrong when...

Still, if i had to pick, i wud choose Luv-cum-Arranged...

-Mayur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:37 pm 

its not about love marriages or arranged marriages.marriage is all about loving and understanding each other!! simple! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:03 pm 
Been around a while

hiiiiiii frns,
I would prefer an arranged love marriage
it is but obvious that i can't marry the one whom i don't know
and in today's scenario it is very difficult to trust anyone
i dont say that the one whom i'll choose
is the best but atleast i'll have the benefit of knowing him for long
which would help me understand him very well .
It doesn't mean that i m against love marriage
if in my phase of life i dont come accross
any person whom i don't love
i would definitely leave it up for my parents to decide the guy for me
which i very well know will be the best choice .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:22 pm 

Love marriage- A love marriage is a union of two parties based upon affection and a mutual attraction between the individuals.
Arrange marriage- In arrange marriages the parents will introduce their son or daughter to a potential spouse. The parents may briefly talk to the parents of the prospective spouse. From that point on, it is up to the children to manage the relationship and make a choice.
According to me both have their good or bad points. In arrange marriages, if there will be any problem in their life or between them there is their family to support them.
But in love marriage in this case they will not have their family support.
In love marriage between the bride and the groom understanding, carrying, craziness, etc…is more then the couple of arrange marriages.
So both have good and bad qualities it’s depend on the bride and the groom to live their relationship happily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:46 pm 

I would like to prefer love marriage.

Bcoz if we are in love with a person, obviously we will love their negative"s also.... We will be knowing the person for many years and their natural, real character. We can mould them later..

But in arrange marriage, at first the partner will be with great affection and care. But later when their real character appears, we wil become upset. And, if we get a partner with bad character nature, we can't bear that for any reason. Eventhough our parents will support, advice and make us to live together, it's we who are going to live together.. And we can't act for the whole life.

We have only one life which we are going to share with only one partner. We can't choose every steps of our life.. But we have rights to choose our partner. So, be careful on choosing the partner. Then have a great love, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy every moment of your life with your partner.

Have a great life with wonderful days. :D

Durga N.

Post subject: Re: Love Marriages or Arrange Marriages!!Which is better?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:36 am 

hi i am deepak attri.I think it is funny when people ask someone about love marrige is better or arrange marriage. It is just like asking a man whether suicide is better or murder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:10 pm 

hai guys.........
It is wrong notion that luv marriages will always be successful or always a failure.
and at the same time u cannot say whether arranged one is the better option...or not.....
both the cases have their own pros n cons...........
there may be a break in relationship in any of the cases if there is lack of understanding...........
so guys,what matters is not how u marry but how u maintain ur relation and how u lead ur life with ur most beloved ones!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:14 pm 

I think it doesn't really matter whether it is Love Marriage or Arranged, I think what matters the most the life after marriage, what is the understanding level between them, the main bottom line how you understand your partner’s feelings and same applies for the partner. Which will actually lead to a successful marriage life?

Matrimony Sites