Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ascent/public_html/mbaforum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3594: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3597: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Dowry is a necessary evil : Group Discussion Topics, Tips, Ideas

IIM CAT, XAT, TANCET MBA Forums

Info on CAT, TANCET, XAT, GMAT, MAT MBA Entrance exams preparation, business schools, b school rankings
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:18 pm

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post subject: Dowry is a necessary evil
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:06 pm 

Dowry is a necessary evil !
wht say guys .... :lol:

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:28 pm 
Serious about MBA

well ofcourse it is an evil act but i think this topic is so common that any one can write 1000pages in favour of it.

guys plz come up with new ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:51 am 

everyone nows Dowry is an evil
but the point is why is it a NECESSARY evil.

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:18 am 
Serious about MBA

its not necessary... wid woman shouldering in every respect..... man is no longer on the top except for at the bed....
so its just an evil... and not a necessary evil

Purnendu Pattnaik
3rd Year ,B-Tech,IIT Kharagpur-721302
E Mail:- purnendu.pattnaik@iitkgp.ac.in
YM chat ID : ilumilu333@yahoo.com(catch me 24*7 online)
Mobile :- INJUROUS TO HEALTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:27 pm 
Been around a while

hi ppl

well atleast i m the person in favour of the dowry

lets go in some history

i dont drive fast , i fly slow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:59 am 
Serious about MBA

sumeet nice to see u back again... now the GD will be much more interesting.. mein bhi GD chor diya tha aap jane ke baad.. but anywayz i will participate more and more.. so if ur in favour of dowry do complete ur argument in favour..... as far as me is concerned.. i will just say.. its an evil and not a necessary evil one shud not be compelled to give nything.. if parents of the gal give it as per their wish u alwayz welcome it...

Purnendu Pattnaik
3rd Year ,B-Tech,IIT Kharagpur-721302
E Mail:- purnendu.pattnaik@iitkgp.ac.in
YM chat ID : ilumilu333@yahoo.com(catch me 24*7 online)
Mobile :- INJUROUS TO HEALTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:26 pm 

are boss ...dowry is not at all necessary(atleast if u do not wish 2 sell urslf to ur wife, or take boarding charges 4 ur wife's stay,or else if u r a pauper)......but it is surely an evil.............coz we r the only country where we have the WMP concept(women marriage penalty)...(in simple words dowry)......wherin a women has 2 pay penalty 4 getting married...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:29 pm 
Been around a while

hi ppl/kidd

so here is my argument in favour of DOWRY

view from girls side :

our girl is well educated(B Tech/doctor crap )we spend hundreads of bucks on it and she is in a job and things like that .

a brief history of dowry:

in ancient india , when ppl get married they start living on their own which means they need a hut and other house hold utilities to start afresh.so relative gave them gifts in form of utensils ,cloths etc
this is from where this system starts

in recent scenario :

in past (maybe now a days also ) ppl respect females a lot .
legally all kids of parents have equal right on the property for eg.
my parents have 2 siblings myself and my sister .my fathers net worth is say 50lakhs so my sister must get 25 lakhs as her share but if this split happens than this shud not look good and all relations will suffer . so what we do is that we gave her 15 lakhs at the time of marrg and whenever she came to our house we do all things like TIKA and gifts . so we have a cordial relationship all through the life .

problem :

parents do not want to give their girls real share and in laws want more than that

" nothing is good or bad , only ur mind make it so"

so problem is not with dowry it is with the ppl

samajh gaye bhai log

chalo bye

sumit :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:35 am 

hi all,
I agree with sumit point of view. Dowry is not wrong in its true sense. Dowry is gift that girl side give to their daughter to start a new life with her life partner and giving gift is never an evil. but the system has turned ugly now as meaning of dowry has been changed from gift to a penalty that girl family has to pay.
Dowry is fine as long as girl side gives on their own wish (and what girl right is) and boyside donot demand for it.

Thanks & Regards,
Prabhat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:17 pm 
Serious about MBA

well after reading all views i can say that dowry is an evil.
bcz now a days we hear news the a woman was burned alive by her inlaws bcz she was not able to bring the demanded amt. as dowry.

also in haryana and punjab the female ratio is very less when compared to male ratio.Bcz ppl dont want a girl as they have to give dowry at the time of her marriage.
so this dowry which was given as one of my fd said that by their parents wish is now no more by their wish .bcz if it is so then why they have to kill their babygirl.

it is true that parents wants to give their child a present at the time of marriage but now that very present has taken the form of evil
parents have to give more then their reach and also bcz of these practices the demand from boy side increase.

i am not saying that all bride and his family are greedy but we also cannot deny this fact that the so called custom has taken the shape of a necessary evil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:14 am 
Been around a while

hi preeti

thats what i m saying , as a custom dowry is not an evil its we ppl who turned it into an evil . PPl in haryana and punjab kill their daughter because of their greed and uneducation . even in states like MP , UP rajasthan etc custom of dowry is followed very much but still this problem is not big here coz they give proper education and independence to girls .
And in most cases of dowry killing their mother in law and females of In law families are the culprit . so we shuld follow custom in true sense in which it is made " to provide girls their equal rights"

Thanks and Rgds
sumit

Post subject: D-o-w-r-y????
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:43 pm 
Been around a while

Since majority of the girls in modern India are independent now, atleast in cities, why cant the dowry be reversed? THe guys family should give the girl? Dowry wont become an evil if the whole money is given to the coulple to make their daily life more comfy. Cos in the usual case, the money is taken by the guys parents. And another point is that poor girls find it difficult to get in comfy families. Cos rich families would demand a larger amount. So will a poor girl be able to marry a rich guy? So financial status is discriminated. In most poor marriages, dowry ends up the mail culprit for torture and murder. And its due to the surety needed by the guys parent thet their son is getting into a well-off family that they ask for money. Most lower class parents gobble up the money themselves. And almost no one thinks about the rights of the girl while talking bout money. And some people think that they have spent money to educate their sons and so this expense should be payed by the girls family since she will benefit from him. In the end it all really works out to be a business unless u r a social rights activist.
So dowry is EVIL and not necessary nowadays cos its disavantages outnumber its advantages.

Amateur for CAT
Please help.