Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ascent/public_html/mbaforum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3594: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3597: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Disinvestment in PSU is like faking the common people . : Group Discussion Topics, Tips, Ideas

IIM CAT, XAT, TANCET MBA Forums

Info on CAT, TANCET, XAT, GMAT, MAT MBA Entrance exams preparation, business schools, b school rankings
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:12 pm

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post subject: Disinvestment in PSU is like faking the common people .
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:25 am 
Serious about MBA

In order to bring down the fiscal deficit(just to proove tht the economic policies of the govt are working)they are disinvesting the PSU.its like Living lavishly by selling your mothers jwelleriesz.Though on the name of increasing efficiency they are divesting the PSU ,but the thing is gone from the hands of government for ever and tht share will never come back.. by selling the shares they are trying to bring the fiscal deficit down.its high time tht ppl shud understand.
People please give yours views and correct my views if im somewhere wrong

Purnendu Pattnaik
3rd Year ,B-Tech,IIT Kharagpur-721302
E Mail:- purnendu.pattnaik@iitkgp.ac.in
YM chat ID : ilumilu333@yahoo.com(catch me 24*7 online)
Mobile :- INJUROUS TO HEALTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:10 am 
Been around a while

hi kidd ,

look disinvestment is not just about selling your assests , here we see that many PSU are not making profit, b'coz they r not running efficiently by disinvestment we give it to the ppl who can handle them well so that they can earn money and generate employement and gov get taxes as revenue . its like encouraging ppl to become more active partner in nation building . i dont know why goverment own PSU ofcourse they can make rule and regulation for working condition and labour welfare
:lol:

i dont drive fast , i fly slow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:10 am 
Been around a while

hi kidd ,

look disinvestment is not just about selling your assests , here we see that many PSU are not making profit, b'coz they r not running efficiently by disinvestment we give it to the ppl who can handle them well so that they can earn money and generate employement and gov get taxes as revenue . its like encouraging ppl to become more active partner in nation building . i dont know why goverment own PSU ofcourse they can make rule and regulation for working condition and labour welfare
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:39 pm 
Serious about MBA

yeah i do agree with your views.. but then..the profit making PSU s whud not be disinvested is wht i feel coz.. once u sell the stakes .. u dont get them back.. :?

Purnendu Pattnaik
3rd Year ,B-Tech,IIT Kharagpur-721302
E Mail:- purnendu.pattnaik@iitkgp.ac.in
YM chat ID : ilumilu333@yahoo.com(catch me 24*7 online)
Mobile :- INJUROUS TO HEALTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:57 am 
Been around a while

hi

look in the current scenario when IOC (oil corp.) is the state own loss making unit when other comp. in same sector r making huge profits coz left is not alowing gov. to increase cost of petrol , so i think that whenever politics come to play its part they make decisions which r un econoic just to lure the vote bank. what u want if any unit is making profit then we allow reservation in jobs on basis of caste , costs , labour union etc to be part of it so that one day like indian oil corporation they also become loss giving unit . goverment shud have only one duty " to run the gov not buisness" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:00 pm 

Divestment in profit making PSUs Like Bhel is a wise proposition
by the govt. It helps the Govt to cope up with the burgeoning
fiscal crises.It can then spend greater amounts on rural infrastructure
projects,education, healthcare. Entry of private players will enhance
efficiency in operations & more transparency in them. Moreover as the
govt still retains the majority of the stakes it still will have control in
labour welfare, security systems 4 staff. The left's opposition is totally
unjustified & will totally hamper the prospects of privatisation in a liberalised economy.