Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ascent/public_html/mbaforum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3594: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3597: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
are women managers are better managers? : Group Discussion Topics, Tips, Ideas

IIM CAT, XAT, TANCET MBA Forums

Info on CAT, TANCET, XAT, GMAT, MAT MBA Entrance exams preparation, business schools, b school rankings
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:36 pm

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post subject: are women managers are better managers?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:37 pm 

are women managers are better managers than men?

VINAY KUMAR.T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:54 pm 
Serious about MBA

i think this topic is very interesting..........

well to begin with,who is manager.
a manager is one who has the leadership quality,he/she shd have complete knowledge of his/her bs.

their is no point in arguing that a sucess of manager is determined by his sex.we can take various eg. from the corporate world like Kiran Mazumdar Shaw she is the chairman and MD (if i am not wrong) of Biocon and she is a successful manager.another eg. is Naina Lal Kidwai ,she is the deputy CEO of HSBC and she is also a successful manager.
this is what i have written from a women side.

now from men side,their are many but the famous one is Narayan Murthy the former CEO of infosys and Aziz Premji the CEO of Wipro ,they are named in the list of successful manager.

so after such a long explaination i can say that anyone can be a successful manager provide he/she posses the qualities of a succesful manager.

Post subject: other side
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:09 pm 

well i agree wid the views presented in this foroum but i wud like 2 put in a diff angle to this topic for a healthy discussion
i agree that a managers job is to handle resources effctvly n it can b done by either sex but my argument is that frnds tell me how many women managers r there whose company is in the top 500 fortune companies,how many women politician r there holding a senior profile(leave sonia gandhi). u can count on ur fingures.women r always associated with emotion n being bias when it comes 2 there family so how can they b effective managers

Post subject: women are better managers then men
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:44 pm 

this is really a interesting topic.
as kaushalraghu says that u can count women managers in fingers.this is totally wrong.
nearly 11 million privately held companies are now majority owned by women according to center 4 women buss.. reasearch, based in washington d.c. in addition, women-owned companies now generate $2.5trillion in annual sales and employ 19 million people in nationwide.
it is said that men brains are abt 10% larger than female brains.but women have more nerve cells in certain areas.that makes women faster at transferring data betn the computational,verbal,left half and the intutive,visual right half.
RESULT:women are more flexible and find it easier to multitask. mens are usually left-brain oriented that often makes them better at solving abstract equations and problems.
so, both are better managers.

Post subject: to neetu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:47 pm 

neetu i wanted to say in fortune 500 company not in a ordinary company if u tk into account every company then also the women leader share will b very negligible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:35 pm 

hello friends,

well, u are comparing the no of female managers to no of male managers.but here the question is that r women managers better than men mangers, so we should discuss about their managing skills instead of their ratio. who is a manager?Manager is someone who defines,organises ,plans,guides,assists, assesses the work of others.As you can see in most of the homes women plans the expenditure and saving of their homes ,organises their houses.All these things bring up the magnificent managing skills in them. Also today women r leading in other fields apart from business.Women r no where less than men.management skills may vary from person to person,but not on the basis of sex.
yes we cannot deny from the fact that today no of womens in corporate world are less as compared to men.but soon this data will get improved. as today IT industries are booming up,many of the women are now getting fascinated towards industries.they r also hoping to become CEO now. surely they will defeat the men in coming years.